GUNMAN OPENS FIRE ON BUS FULL OF CHRISTIANS – At Least 26 Dead…
The world was rocked by a horrifying anti-Christian terrorist attack on Friday when masked gunman riding in three SUVs opened fire on a bus full of Coptic Christian in Egypt, killing 26 people and wounding 25 others.
Breitbart reported that the bus was attacked as it traveled on a side road in the desert leading to the remote monastery of Saint Samuel the Confessor in Maghagha, in Minya governorate, about 220 kilometers (140 miles) south of Cairo. The Christians had been on their way to visit the monastery when they were attacked.
Witnesses said that they saw eight to ten attackers, and police said only three children survived the onslaught. It is not known how many children were on the bus.
President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi has called for an emergency meeting with his aides to discuss the attack. This is the fourth attack targeting Christians in Egypt since December, and though no group has claimed responsibility yet, this attack has the hallmarks of the Islamic State group.
We will update you further as this story develops. Please pray for the victims and their families!